Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

What a year it has been! Miller got his MACH and we added yet another aussie to our pack. Berry turned 12, Miller turned 10 and Harley 6. We had a couple of foster dogs, both with their own unique set of issues (chopper was a poop eater and bella had the energy level of the sun) but both great dogs that went to great homes. We had ups and downs competition wise and we had two sets of nationals on other sides of the coast. We met new friends and said good bye to old ones. I started teaching along with my friends at All Star agility and have met some great friends that have been awesome to teach. I also started teaching basic obedience and agility lessons privately. I have learned alot about teaching and alot about teaching the dog owner and not just the dog.

I have been to several very awesome concerts of some of my child hood and adult hood favorites including the mighty METALLICA, AC/DC, Down, The Sword, The Answer, local favorites VSC, Decimation, Sorrow by Truth, Fleetwood Mac, Nine Inch Nails, Megadeath, Warbringer, Suicide Silence, Jane's Addiction, and Poison to name just a few. Tony and I have met some great friends as well going to these concerts and hope to rock out with them in the future. We already have tickets to AIC and would go back and see Metallica again if they come close. Of course we will always be at our local dive bar, supporting live local music such as VSC, Decimation, SBT, Black Gasoline, Hellanova and many others. We even go see our local Red State Blues Band sometimes as well.

Tony has been working constantly the whole year which is a huge blessing for the field he works in. Electricians are out of work, some most of the year, due to the lack of work because of the poor economy. While part of the year he worked in Salina which meant getting up at 4:30 am and driving an hour both ways, the other part he worked in either Topeka or Manhattan. I have also have been blessed with a great job and a great boss who is very understanding of my passion of dog showing. I have lost two of my favorite people at work, one due to having a baby and moving and one due to having a baby and deciding to be a full time mom. I miss them alot but they are having a great time being moms for sure!

Got to see my mom a few times this year, once at AKC nationals in North Carolina and once for USDAA nationals in AZ and then in St. Louis at USASA nationals. While I am qualified for AKC nationals, who knows what the future brings for USDAA nationals since I haven't shown since USDAA nationals this year due to Miller's injury. I have met a ton of new folks this year going to agility shows and am super excited that Tony is back showing harley. Agility friends are awesome and I sure have missed seeing them at the shows we have missed due to miller not showing. I haven't been back to TN in a few years so haven't seen most of my family or tony's family so hoping to get to see them this year for sure.


Goals or hopes for this year is to have miller stay injury free, continue to train Deuce and get him ready to show, and for tony to work on Harley's MACH. I would like to take a vacation with just tony and I with no dogs and also get back to TN and see family. I hope tony can continue working and that I get to continue teaching as I love it. I hope everyone has good health and stays safe and I hope you all have a great 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment