Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Week two with the personal trainer

I have to report that I am having a great time working with my personal trainer. So far she has shown me many things and has taught me how to use alot of the equipment including the weight machines. I really feel like we are making great progress, not so much with weight as I haven't even weighed myself but with my fitness overall. I can tell I am already gaining strength and stamina and have moved up on the weight machines very quickly. I am still doing no-impact cardio though. I took a break last week and went and walked on the track with the dogs and my leg was killing me the next day:( I sure thought it was doing better but I guess it makes a huge difference between no impact and concrete! I also noticed that my leg was killing me on sunday, probably due to the running on the packed dirt. You wouldn't think that running for four 30-60 second runs would hurt you that much but apparently my leg is that sensitive.

I am staying with basically the same plan this week, 20 minute interval training with the elliptical or other non-impact machines (learned the rowing machine and the hand bike this week but still love the elliptical the most) and then doing the weight training circuit. I am staying away from the ab machine and the leg curl machine but doing abs on the big ball and doing all of the other leg machines. I am a little concerned that my upper body strength isn't coming along as fast as I would like but pleased with everything else. I have to admit to myself that I am 32 now and things happen differently. Urgh, the joys of getting older! The soreness seems to be getting less in duration and intensity which is nice. Getting up and not being able to walk cause I am so sore is a bitch! I only got in three times going to the gym last week and I had committed to four but one of those days, I walked two miles on the track instead of being in a gym. This week, I hope to get in four times but of course we are leaving on friday to be gone all weekend to Carthage so I will have to work out Monday-Thursday with no breaks. I know myself and I will not be able to get up and work out. I am just not motivated at all in the morning! I can also tell that my eating is mirroring my working out. I knew it would, just needed that kick start!

No comments:

Post a Comment